The Oklahoma Association of Conservation Districts (OACD) and the Oklahoma Black Historical Research Project (OBHRPI) are partnering to increase participation of USDA programs in agriculture and conservation among socially disadvantaged farmers and ranchers (SDA).  

CARE Champions


CARE Project Goals

  • Provide information, training, funding opportunities and technical assistance to socially disadvantaged farmers and ranchers producers.

  • Build relationships between socially disadvantaged producers, USDA and conservation districts at the local, state, regional and national levels.

  • Cultivating leadership of socially disadvantaged producers to increase their knowledge of and participation in USDA programs.

  • Provide educational information and training opportunities to socially disadvantaged farmers and ranchers in larger geographic areas across Oklahoma.

  • Educate traditional farmers, ranchers and conservation district leaders and employees about the unique barriers that socially disadvantaged farmers/ranchers face.

CARE Project Focus Areas

The project will focus on six counties with a substantial population of African American/Black and Native American current/prospective farmers and ranchers.

  • Caddo

  • McCurtain

  • Muskogee

  • Okfuskee

  • Okmulgee

  • Seminole

  • Wagoner


For more information, contact Sarah Blaney at 517-763-8609.